Nov 10, 2016

The election

It's not that I don't have anything to say about all this. But it is being said. And saying more doesn't make me feel better, or change what's happened, or even do anything to improve it for the future. I know, and my friends know, and the good people of the world know. I don't have to tell them anything more.

So instead I blasted Scary Monsters on repeat. And then The Ballad of Booth, and Another National Anthem. Not because they're from a show that's called what it is, or is about what it is. Not for those kinds of reasons. But because in addition to being about those things, it is also about hope, and the idea that no matter how wrong things go, we can, in time, recover. The ones who "thrive on chaos and despair" are the losers. Always. Eventually. So I'm holding on to that, and singing along and trying not to cry. And trying to be a little nicer, and better, and smarter every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment