Jan 25, 2016

It Will Waffle

I'll be honest: This post is more for me than anyone else.


For our second Christmas (the one where he actually moved to NY), I got R a waffle iron. It was the best kind of gift -- one I knew would benefit both of us. And for our first waffle breakfast we turned, as we so often do, to Alton Brown.

His recipe, of course, was good. It also made far too many waffles for two people to comfortably consume. Since then I have, with a few adjustments, halved it. I don't have the halving written down anywhere though, and I'm tired of doing it in my head every time. So here it is, where I can find it when I need it.

My take on the Good Eats waffles, for two:

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 tbs melted butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 mushy banana (or other fruit; optional)



No comments:

Post a Comment