Nov 2, 2015

Halloween

This is going to be one of my rare pictureless posts. Why? Because the best part of Halloween in NY is just living it. Plus there are plenty of other picture sources out there.

I don't care if you don't like dressing up. I don't care if you hate candy. I happen to love both, but regardless, I stand by this advice: Go to the Village Halloween Parade. You don't have to walk in it. You don't even have to see the parade itself. It's enough just to be in the area, soaking it in. Because man, there is a lot to soak in. And it's awesome.

Do yourself a favor, too, and ride the subway there and back. It may be crowded and crazy, but when else will you find yourself on the same car, as my coworker did this weekend, with "war boys, Travis Bickle, Marty McFly, and both a black and a white Jesus."

(For the curious, my past costumes include: Seven of Nine, Delerium, Annie Lennox, Grammar Nazi, Two-Face, Peter Pan, Charlie Chaplin, Scuba Diver, Santa Claus, and The Crow.)

RECIPE: Mushroom Soup. Once you know how to make this soup, you know how to make all soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment